Charming Jabuticaba Bonsai
The Jabuticaba, or Myrciaria cauliflora, is a small evergreen tree or shrub which belongs to the Myrtaceae family and is native to Eastern and Southeastern Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Bolivia. The smooth bark flakes off in patches and has a grayish and orange-brown spotted color. The simple leaves have an ovate to elliptic shape with a pointed tip and grow in an opposite pattern. Small whitish flowers with many stamens appear directly on the trunk and main branches, followed by sweet black round fruit which contain 1 to 4 seeds each. They can be eaten raw or made into jelly, syrup or liqueur. The Jaboticaba is an attractive species for bonsai and can be styled in many shapes, but something between informal upright and broomstyle is most appropriate. The Brazilian Grape Tree, which is another popular name for the Jaboticaba, is quite easy to care for, but it is not frost-hardy.
Approximate age 6-7 years old.
- Free Bonsai Delivery in Ottawa and Gatineau area for all the orders placed online
- Free complimentary card message if needed
- Free gift wrapping
- Life-long support from our Bonsai Guru - text us, call us, send us an email - we are here to help you!
- Ceramic Pot is included (colors vary)
- Please, note, that while you select the species of the Bonsai Tree, the actual tree most likely will look quite different as all the trees are unique - the trunk, the exact quantity of the branches, the color of the pot or the color of decorative pebbles may vary